The Family Survival Skills Course is a fun and exciting family-oriented program set in the beautiful West Virginia Appalachian Mountains only 50 miles west of Washington DC and just minutes from Winchester, VA.
This course is designed to provide critical life skills and basic survival knowledge for adults and children in a fun campground environment.
Taught by hand-selected Special Operations veterans and various subject matter experts, this unique course is designed for every person who would like to be self-reliant and have the basic skills needed to survive isolating events or emergencies.
This is a great family bonding event and a chance for kids to learn new skills and be exposed to confidence building situations they won’t get to experience anywhere else!
This is intentionally NOT hardcore training. This course is appropriate for ages 6 and up.
- Ability to stay in an outdoor environment for 2 days and 2 nights.
- Ability to physically handle shelter building, do basic manual labor and hike up to a half mile in uneven terrain
- Desire to learn, accept instruction and be part of a team of people in a learning environment
- Willingness to accept and take an active role in the food procurement and preparation
- Ability to take and follow basic instructions
- Have fun!
Course schedule is tentatively set from 3pm Friday until 3pm Sunday. If you are not able to arrive on Friday with sufficient time to setup camp before dark, you will need to wait and arrive Saturday morning. Do note that Friday is dedicated to setting up base camp and no course of instruction will be conducted.Course Details